Quick Links and Helpful Information

HHS graduateCareer Center

The Career Center allows you to explore career and educational options. Your school counselor and career counselor are both available to assist you as you develop plans for your future.

Graduation Information

Please visit the resources below for important graduation information.

New to HHS

Please contact the school registrar, Paula Taylor, to make an appointment to register your child. Registrations are by appointment only. Check out the New Student Registration page for more information. 

Planning for College

Applying for colleges requires many important steps. Researching schools, taking college entrance exams, filling out applications, and attending meetings, interviews, and information sessions takes time, energy, and motivation.

See your school counselor for a copy of the Senior Handbook, which helps you plan your senior year and your college application. Visit the pages below to get started on this exciting new phase in your life.

HHS graduatesScholarships

College is a substantial financial investment; however, we believe no one should be denied an education due to cost. Begin seeking financial aid and scholarships early.

A representative from GRASP visits HHS each Monday to meet with students and parents to discuss financial aid options and assist with FAFSA. 
Click here to make an appointment with Ms. Jordan, our GRASP representative.  Click here to visit the GRASP website for more information on the services they provide.

Transcript Request

Transcript requests through Parchment are currently available for all classes of Hanover High School. Contact the registrar at 723-3720 with questions.

Transcripts are provided electronically to current students at no cost. Official paper copies of transcripts for current students are $3. Transcripts for graduates, whether electronic or paper are $6. Contact the registrar at 723-3720 with questions.

8VAC20-160 Regulations Governing Secondary School Transcripts mandates that local divisions include a student’s test record, to include at least the highest score earned, on college performance-related standardized tests such as the SAT and ACT on the student’s secondary school transcript. In December of 2016, an amendment was enacted that granted parents, guardians, or others having legal control or charge of a child the ability to elect in writing to have their child’s test record excluded from the student transcript (opt-out). If you do not wish for your child’s college performance-related standardized test scores such as the SAT and ACT to be included on his/her secondary school transcript, please reach out to your school counselor for a form to return to the registrar.

Work Permit

Work permits (employment certificates) for 14 and 15 year olds are issued through the Virginia Department of Labor. A student must have a job offer prior to applying for an employment certificate. Visit the Department of Labor website for more information.

Principal's Service Award

Universities look for service hours from applicants, so showing that you have community service hours is a way to set yourself above the rest on a college application. Working toward and receiving the Principal's Service Award will help you stand out above the rest.

Students who average at least 50 hours of community service per year of enrollment at Hanover High School will be eligible to receive the Principal's Service Award at graduation. Students are responsible for maintaining documentation of service hours until May of their senior year.  Log sheets are available in the School Counseling Office.

Be sure to check out the 
volunteer opportunities in Hanover County.

Website by SchoolMessenger Presence. © 2023 Intrado Corporation. All rights reserved.